Monday, December 19, 2011

Rustic Stone Christmas Mantel


I feel lucky to have more than one mantel to decorate this year in the new house.  I completed my formal living room mantel several weeks ago, but wasn't sure if I was going to get around to the great room stone fireplace this year.  Out of all the rooms in the house, I feel that this one has the most potential for spectacular Christmas decorating, but it will have to wait until we are a bit more settled in next year.  Our great room (family room) has almost 20 ft ceilings and a curved wall of windows that made us fall in love with the house.
 
It also has a beautiful rustic stone fireplace that my husband and I enjoy as a bit of change from the femininity in the rest of the house.  It is very much a room-in-progress and it is slowly coming along.  There will be much more on this room to come, including a my antique TV wall unit I just completed this last weekend! 
On to the mantel...  It doesn't really scream Christmas, and all the items I already owned, but the white pine garland does wonders to soften the stone and chunky wood mantel.  Working with the current decor, I was going for a European, woodsy feel...


I can't believe Christmas is already less than a week away!  I have a bit more Christmas decor to share before then...stay tuned...


Linking up to:











8 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

It looks wonderful! I hope you're having a blessed Christmas Week!

: )

Julie M.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Oh my, what a stunning fireplace. The stone is gorgeous and you did a lovely job decorating for Christmas. I am a new follower.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

I love that fireplace and your rug! What kind of branches are those, I love the way they bend, nice lines!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love your fireplace with stone and you decorated your mantel just lovely. I'm touring your beautiful new house and wish you many, many wonderful memories from her.
Merry Christmas and may you have a great one in your new house, as I gather it's your First Christmas in your new home?
FABBY

Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

I LOVE that it doesn't scream Christmas ... I love that it simply whispers it. Thanks for letting us drool.

Merry Christmas!
Mary @ Sea Quilts

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

A very stunning rustic fireplace. The stone is gorgeous. My family is in masonry so I can appreciate it's beauty. Really like how you decorated it. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best and wishing you Happy Holiday's.

AJ @ Happy Misadventures said...

It's amazing how fresh greenery and candles can just scream Christmas, even without trying. Love the simpleness.

xoxo!

Heather said...

I really love your stacked stone fireplace! I have been thinking of putting one in for our fireplace as well and was wondering if you put it in yourself and is it easy to use? What is the name of the product? Thanks so much for your help, I love your blog and your style! Heather @settingforfour@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...